Thank you for response!

I'm coming from windows community so linux installation approach always makes me a bit confused. I have already uninstalled ubuntu-desktop, because I uninstalled before Evolution. I tried just as experiment paste command sudo apt-get remove ubuntu-desktop, but besides information, that I don't have this package installed apt-get send me this message. I don't know, is it reasonable to follow these recommendations.

Package ubuntu-desktop is not installed, so not removed
 libwxgtk2.4-1-contrib libgfortran1 libkexif1 libshp1 libcln4 zlib-bin blt
 python-tk samba-doc tcllib libt1-5 lesstif2 samba netpbm libcrypto++5.2c2a
 atlas3-base tcl8.4 tk8.4 libssl0.9.7 libnetpbm10 libkdeedu3 xaw3dg libg2c0
 libimlib2 libjpeg-progs liblockfile1 libungif4g

By the way, I used for several years Mandrake --> Mandriva distributions and installation of OS, programs and user profiles usually consumed less than 2 GB. In Ubuntu OS, programs and profiles already took 4,5 GB within few months. What is the reason and is there easy way to avoid this?

Andis

NoOp wrote:

sudo apt-get remove ubuntu-desktop

You can reinstall if you find this creates any problems. However, I
multiple machines without the ubuntu-desktop without any problems.

One other point: Morgan resolved his problem with the missing Evolution
address' - info is on the db.users list & I'm now looking at how to do
the same for the mozilla bits. If you are not subscribed to the db list,
here is the msg:

Thanks for coming back so quick!

Yup, that worked.
In
<office_inst>/share/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/DataAccess.xcu
swapped:
/usr/share/evolution/*/evolution-addressbook-export
for:
/usr/libexec/evolution/2.6/evolution-addressbook-export

Now I have my full quota of address book sources as per Gary's
"official" install:
 - Evolution
 - Groupwise
 - Evolution LDAP
 - Mozilla / Netscape
 - Thunderbird
 - KDE address book
 - LDAP address book
 - Other external data source

Shame Evolution can't export that variable location some how?

And, in general, I thought my issues seemed sufficiently similar to
Gary's and others to suspect something generic going on.  But, on
inspecting DataAccess.xcu I see that different sources don't export in a
generic way.

Regards,
Morgan.

Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
Hi Morgan,

This is a follow on from a couple of threads on the users list.
- Simple Q: how do I get access to Evolution address book sources on a
OOo stock install of v2.1 on fedora?
First, you need to have the libevo* libraries in your program folder.
This should be the case for the "stock" version of OOo, as there the lib
is included in the download packager. I don't know whether this holds
for distro-specific versions of OOo.

Second, the driver uses a program called "evolution-addressbook-export",
which is a Evolution-provided script for, well, exporting address books.
This script needs to be in your PATH. Alternatively, the complete path
to it must be in the configuration - you can look up the current value
in <office_inst>/share/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/DataAccess.xcu.

If both isn't the case, then i.e. the script cannot be found, then the
driver will not offer its functionality, and the UI will honor this by
not offering the respective options.

- Complex Q: what's going on with address book access?...
And, what's going on with address book access in general?
Hmm, what exactly do you want to know here?

Ciao
Frank