I'm wondering if anyone knows off the top of their head if this is a known issue, or if it's a bug that I should report.

I have seen this problem consistently during my use of OOo Writer.

Here's the issue: I create a document, and apply some formatting. I save the document. Next day, I open the document, and the formatting is either gone, different, or outright wacky.

Example: I'm working on a PR plan for a client; it will be about 15-20 pages when done.

Some pages features lists. I bullet them.

Other pages feature headlines. I border them in blue, and apply a green shadow (the client's company colors).

Below this, I have a table. I shade the table cells, and apply a grey shadow to make it stand out.

Some pages have grey bordered and light grey shadowed text, with color fill.

Everything looks great. I save the file. Next morning, I open the file.

The bullets are now extremely large, or even different.

The headline bordered in blue now has a black shadow, not green -- and it's about 10 times thicker than it should be.

The shadows on all the tables are gone.

The shadows on all the bordered grafs became pencil-thin, and were converted to black.

I've been saving these documents as Word DOCs. Might that have something to do with it? I have to share these with colleagues who use Word, which is why I've taken this approach.

I'm going to try working in ODT format and see if that avoids this problem.

Can anyone offer any insight into this?

Thanks!