In addition to spreadsheets (Calc) and documents (Writer), this kind of application might make good use of a database (Base), with various kinds of queries and reports as well as forms for entering data about what's going on. It's even possible to imagine a presentation (Impress) to reflect the league's results, and drawings (Draw) for posters, etc.! Maybe Vicki can come up with some specific activities and ask for advice about which apps are most suitable for each and pointers to relevant info.

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Knott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 5:06 PM
Subject: Re: [users] [moderated]

Vicki Spray wrote:
I am looking to start a bingo league and was given this site to help me get it going. But i can't figure out how to use it? I would be thankful for any help..

Unless you need a word processor or spreadsheet app, I have no idea why
you'd be here.  OpenOffice is a full office package, comparable to
Microsoft Office.  It's also available as a free download.