TerryJ wrote:

Martine TUMER wrote:
Hello, I've bought a portable hard disk (Western digital Passport 160 gb)
and installed "Framakey portable open office" in French on this disk.
As I also like working with English softwares, I've also downloaded open
office 2.1 in English from your internet site and installed it on the same
portable disk but I've got this message : "THE SAME VERSION OF THIS
PRODUCT IS ALREADY INSTALLED" and I can't use the English version.

My question is :

Is it possible to get 2 open office (1 in French and 1 in English) on the
same portable disk ? Could you find a solution for this problem ?

Thank you for your answer.

Martine TÜMER
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

For the official French version, you could install an English language pack. The same may work for your portable version; you could check with the
software provider.  As far as I can make out, the language packs for 2.1 are
here:
http://oootranslation.services.openoffice.org/pub/OpenOffice.org/2.1.0rc2/ . There is an en_GB and an en_US pack.
My understanding is that the en_GB pack is bug ridden to the point of being unusable. However, as many of you know, I've been wrong before ;-) The British English *dictionary*, on the other hand, is fine. I can live with US English menus as long as my spell checker is GB English.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England