You are correct, and I just bought my third "Travel Drive" which is under a couple of names, and they are great. I used them only to be sure I didn't lose my work if my computer crashed. CD-RWs are quirky.Putting finished manuscripts on CDRs is a good idea - except I always find typos or something that needs revising. thanks for your valuable suggestions. I am going to have to change the way I work. Deloris