John Gregson wrote:

> Terry

It's hard to know without seeing the file.  I've just inserted a plain text
document into my test spreadsheet using Insert >Object >OLE object.  When I
right-click on that I get a context menu which includes "Edit".  If I select
"edit", I can amend the inserted object.  Do you by any chance see anything
like that?

My suggestion is that you copy as much of the document as necessary to a new
document (i.e. omitting all sensitive information) and upload it for others
to examine.  This host is often used for such a purpose:
http://www.mytempdir.com/