Rick Bilonick wrote the following on 04/01/2007 02:59 PM:
I'm using FC6 - a standard installation which I believe uses Gnome. I
also installed KDE. I installed an earlier version of OOo 2.2 from the
OOo website and start it from the command line. I want to install the
current 2.2 and have it integrated into the desktop. There are two rpms
- one is kde and the other is redhat. In the past I've tried both but
neither seems to do the desktop integration. Which one should work?
(When I installed 2.1 I had to go into the icons and change which files
they were pointing to. I'm trying to get this to work automatically.

Rick B.

I used the redhat desktop integration.  I did need to add a symbolic link:

ln -s /opt/openoffice.org2.2 /etc/openoffice.org2.2

This was not necessary with the non-Fedora OO 2.1 version.

Sean Carlos