2007/4/1, John Boyle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

To JnD: First question is, do you use this in business? Or do you use it
at home? If I am not wrong, there are ways to work around this and I
believe you could either wait for an answer and/or go to the frequently
asked questions. There is almost nothing that Microsquash can do that
OOo cannot do better!!!! :-)

JnD wrote:
> The number one reason that I have many times removed OpenOffice from my
computer is the simple task of addressing an envelope.  It is, at a minimum,
frustrating and unnecessarily lengthy.  I do, however, continue to
optomistically download the latest version in hopes this has been remedied.

> I would like to ask that an improvement be made and that you add a bar
code feature.

> I am a staunch supporter of open source software, but if I can't be used
as well as the "other guy's", then I don't have the time to waste.

> Thanking you in advance for your time.

Hello

Ms Solveig Haugland is one of OOo's gurus and she wrote this about printing
envelopes:
http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid39_gci1146815,00.html

you can also take a look here:
http://searchopensource.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid39_gci1146815,00.html
http://documentation.openoffice.org/HOW_TO/word_processing/Howto-printing-envelopes-diagnostics.html
Page 194 of
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/OOo2.x/user_guide2_draft.pdf

<http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid39_gci1146815,00.html>
HTH
--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.2 RC 4 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger