Ing. Sandro Vanin wrote:

> I'm translating many macros from VBA to openoffice basic: the only my
> problem is to translate the VBA function evaluate(....), for example
>
> x="3*8+4^2".
> y=Evaluate(x)
>
> I need this function since I have to show the details of my calculations.
> I've solved the problem as follow:
>
> Function cal(testo As String) As Double
>    oObjFactory = createUnoService( "com.sun.star.bridge.OleObjectFactory"
> )
>    RInterface = oObjFactory.createInstance(
> "StatConnectorSrv.StatConnector" )
>    call RInterface.Init("R")
>    cal = RInterface.Evaluate(testo)
> End Function
>
> BUT IN THIS WAY MY CALC SHEETS ARE VERY SLOW !!!!!
> Is there a easy way to do it????
> Thank you in advance
>
> Sandro

Hi.  You may have more luck in the Macros & API section of www.oooforum.org
.  I cannot find the method "evaluate" anywhere in the API so I don't know
how your function is even working.  Nor do I understand what it is that you
want to do - there may be a function which serves your purpose.  I notice
that "com.sun.star.bridge.OleObjectFactory" is deprecated.