Hi,

You should have remove the installation files folder after you installed OpenOffice. You need to set up your buttons so that they point to the program in Program Files/OpenOffice and not the folder on your desktop which are simply the files used to install openoffice. So when you click browse you must browse to the folder you installed openoffice to... have you actually installed the program? if not run the setup.exe file

Tom

On 5 Apr 2007, at 15:06, Dalziel wrote:

Thanks for your recent query. Using/Selecting the Trust Keyboard icon
- a picture of the Trust Hotkeys is displayed
- One selects the hotkey to be configured By clicking on it
- a grey 'Configure Button' panel is displayed.
Using this panel
- One gives the button a label e.g. 'Word Processor
- then one enters the Application path or URL with a 'Browse' button being supplied to assist one in this task
- Having entered the path one then selects the 'OK' button
I assume that this will be Trust software but is fairly standard with similar panels being supplied to configure other pieces of hardware. It works perfectly well in allocating Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office programs (which I have in read only mode) to selected buttons but when I attempt to allocate Open Office programs to the same buttons I get the message 'The application has failed to start because uwinapi.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may solve the problem' . I have tried to reinstall but to no effect. The installation has obviouisly worked as Powerpoint slide shows and Word documents can be read via relevant Open Office programs which have been set up on installation as defaults. As I have previously said the file UWINAPI.DLL can be traced to the openofficeorg3 folder held in the same folder as Setup.exe e.g. OpenOffice.org 2.1 Installation Files folder which in turn is held in Desktop.

The solution must be simple and I do hope that you can help as a working hot key does save some time.

Yours Dalziel Aitchison

-------Original Message-------

From: Harold Fuchs
Date: 03/31/07 18:34:53
To: users@openoffice.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [users] FAO Harold Fuchs Re: [users] UWINAPI.DLL could not be accessed

Dalziel wrote:
Thanks for your prompt reply.

I think that I did everthing required through to executing 'Setup.exe' which as you say asked about Word, Excel and Powerpoint i.e. did I want to make OO the default to handle such documents. I must have done this correctly as I received an email with a powerpoint slideshow which was handled by OO.

As I say the file UWINAPI.DLL can be seen in openofficeorg3 folder held in the same folder as Setup.exe e.g. OpenOffice.org 2.1 Installation Files folder which in turn is held in Desktop. The problem being that after setting up my keyboard hot keys I get the message deetailed in my previous email below i.e. 'The application has failed to start because uwinapi.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may solve the problem' .

Hope that you can help

Dalziel Aitchison