On Friday April  06 2007 3:45 pm, Solveig L Haugland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In Base, when you create a table using the wizard, there's wizard
> window for specifying the primary key. It can be a new field, an
> existing field, or an index, a combination of two or more fields.
> It's this third option that I need help with.
>
> Creating an index to use as primary key works fine in the wizard,
> but I want to be able to use an index as the primary key when
> creating a table in design view, too.  I have found the index
> design window, but I haven't found how to specify a particular
> index to use as the primary key for the table, in design view.
>
> Any ideas? I'm using 2.2.
>
> Thanks,
> Solveig

     This may or may not answer your question. Create a table using
the wizard and create an index as its primary key. Save and close the
table. Right click the table and select edit. This opens the table in
design view. Look at the characteristics of the fields to see if
there is a way to duplicate in design view what the wizard did.

Dan