-------- Original Message --------
Original Subject: Re:[users] [moderated] YOU MUST GIVE A SUMMARY HERE
From: Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon 09 Apr 2007 23:49:29 EST

> On Monday 09 April 2007 09:27, my mailbox was graced by a missive
>  from CPHennessy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> who wrote:
>
>> This list is generally an English only mailing list. If you would like to
>> communicate in your own language then please have a look at
>> http://es.openoffice.org -> "Mailing list" or email
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Given the number of postings in tongues that we get here, could it be that
> the
> page where one subscribes to _this_ list does not make it sufficiently clear
> that _this_ list is in English, and that lists in other languages are also
> available ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ron.

The majority of non-English posts come from non-subscribed users.
Providing your suggested information on the subscription page would do
little to reduce the number of non-English posts. I suspect that most of
these users have enough understanding of English to locate the address
for this list on the "Contact Us" page, so it may be helpful to add some
information and a link from http://www.openoffice.org/contact.html to
http://projects.openoffice.org/native-lang.html

Dave