Mike McAlevey wrote:
> For goodness sake!! I love Open Office! The whole project resonates with
> things I stand for. However...
>
>   a.. I used a registry cleaner that mucked up my computer.
>   b.. since then each time I go to use Open Office it requires me to go
> through a registration process.
>   c.. I am completely unable to uninstall Open Office so that it can be
> re-installed.
>   d.. I have "registered" with Open Office and with "netbeans" in order to
> report my difficulties but have got nowhere.
>   e.. Help!!
> Mike

Did the registry cleaner make a backup? The ones
I've used offer to do that. If you've got a
bacukup, you can restore your registry to its
previous "merely bizarre" state, and try again.
The cleaner may do that for you, or you can:
Start -> Run -> regedit
and then:
File -> Import ...
then browse for the backup.
Look for files w/ a ".reg" extension, and check
the create/modify dates.

That would be the easiest. Of course, the result
of that is the state of the computer that drove
you to run the cleaner in the first place. :-(
But you could try again, perhaps with some less
aggressive cleaning settings. The last thing you
want to do is to manual registry editing. It's
doable, but not easy and very, very risky! (been
there ... NOT fun at all!)

Hope this helps
-Greg