On Sunday April  15 2007 1:32 pm, James Knott wrote:
> elias vernikos wrote:
> >  I have an iMac and want to download Open Office on a CD so I can
> > use it on a Windows Vista laptop overseas which has no Internet
> > access. Is it possible and if yes, how?
> > Thank you
>
> Yes, you can download the package and install it later.  I keep
> copies of the install package on both a CD and pen drive.
> Incidentally, there's a version that can be installed on and run
> from a pen drive. You can get it from portableapps.com .

     Just make sure you download the windows version for Vista. I use
Linux to access the Internet, but I have a laptop with both Win 98 SE
and Linux. I have OOo on both partitions. So, I download both the
Linux and Window's versions of OOo and then install them later.
    The Window's version is at http://download.openoffice.org/2.2.0/.

Dan