See here :

(1) Tutorial for Spell check and Language configuration
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=50862

(2) [Tuto] Correcteur d'orthographe
http://www.forum-openoffice.org/forum/ftopic2831.html
Beware, you're not subscribed to the list.

Hagar

Le 17.04.2007 02:36, Yves Labbe a écrit :

Hi,

I just downloaded writer and math and when I try the spell
check in writer, nothing happens even if I write with
mistakes.  Why?  Also, with th MS when I write in french,
the software detects it and adjust.  Is OOo supposed to do
the same?

Thank you
Yves

boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca