hello, i was downloading openoffice and i think the download had just about
finished when i got a warning dialogue box saying "unknown publisher! trying to
gain access to your computer!!!" - or something like that, and asking whether
to allow it in.  it's a new computer with windows vista on it and maybe msn is
just trying to keep me from using open office, but of course i was uncertain
and didn't allow access.  the download disappeared - so i figured then it must
have been you (though it didn't say so).  and then when this email box finally
opened, once again i was warned, but this time i took my courage in my hands
and allowed it in, and there you were.  so should i just ignore this stuff or
what?  i would like to have open office, but feel a bit daunted.  i'm over 60
and not from the computer generation and have no sensible intuitions about all
this.  also, reading the FAQ's you have was also somewhat daunting.  can you
encourage me in general and reassure me in particular about these warning
messages?  toni pickard