Well, access to fonts and sizes for one thing, formatting abilities for another. Write has all these capabilities, the "write" window that opens in T-bird doesn't.
This would allow us to create specific documents and send them as email,
rather than create the document in Write and attach
it to an email. Many servers in offices are now being set up to exclude
messages with attachments, fearing virii and other unpleasant things being attached.

If there is a workaround for this besides creating the document and setting T-bird to show attachments inline (which means we have to make an image file of the document)
I would appreciate hearing about it.
Best,
WJ Seidl

Donald H Locker wrote:
What would you like from your email composer that the T'bird "write" window doesn't provide?

(Oh. No I don't know whether T'bird can be set up to use OOo Writer as its message composer.)

Donald.

WJ Seidl wrote:
Can Thunderbird be set up to use OOo Writer as the default
message composer?  I've configured Writer with our server information,
but can't seem find a way to get Thunderbird to use it instead of the
"write" window that comes up by clicking to compose a message.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
WJ Seidl