On Monday 23 April 2007 11:22, my mailbox was graced by a missive
 from NoOp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> who wrote:

> http://ts.nist.gov/WeightsAndMeasures/Publications/appxc.cfm

Thanks for the link, I had not realized up to now how f...ed up the
US-Imperial system was.

I noted the US has 5 different "barrels" of varying capacities, that the
gallon, the cup, the fluis ounce, the pint, the quart, the fathom or the
cable length all refer to different quantities in the US and the UK; not to
mention calling units  "international" when they are only legal in the US,
Burma and Liberia; bit like the World Series......

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                          What really flatters a man