[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I attempted to change the format of a document to .doc for windows. This caused an error in windows and locked up my computer. I restarted and uninstalled then reinstalled open office version 1.0.1. Still the .exe file errors and the program will not open. Any suggestions?

How did you try to change the format to .doc? Did you just change the extension? If so, that won't work. You have to use Save As, to ensure the file is saved as a .doc.
Also, you may want to upgrade to the currrent version 2.2.