On Saturday April  28 2007 4:30 pm, Sonny George wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a new user of OpenOffice. THe deatils of version etc are given
> below
>
> OpenOffice.org 2.1
>
> OS - Windows XP sp2
>
> A document created using Writer wherin I have cut and pasted text
> from different e mails containing formatted text is now not opening
> easily. The document takes a few minutes to open. Smaller documents
> created by me are opening fast but not while the above document is
> being opened. The program seems to hang for some time. However
> given about 3-5 minutes the document opens.
>
> Some advice would be appreciated.
>
> Sonny George

     It depends upon how the emails were constructed. I get ezine
emails that have links to the web. If I were to cut and paste them
into a document, I might bring the links with the formatting. That
could explain the extra time. Use Edit > Links to see if there are
any Internet links listed there. If there are, that is likely your
problem especially if you are on dial-up.

Dan