Hi Rogier,

Rogier F. van Vlissingen wrote:

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 13:28:45 -0400, Dan Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sunday April  29 2007 8:55 am, Rogier F. van Vlissingen wrote:

I'm generating a table of contents on a longish document, and
finding that I'm getting my level 2 headings included, however my
level 1 headings don't show. Even if I specify only one level of
headings, the Heading 2 entries show up, but it skips Heading 1.

     You might want to read Chapter 12 of the Writer Guide at
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I'm still not finding the answer. I've set it to consider only 1 level for my TOC, and it keeps showing only level 2 headings, skipping past level 1 as if it did not exist. I'm mystified, I hope someone has an idea what might be causing this...

A guess:
when you go to Tools|Outline numbering and look at the field 'Paragraph style' for level 1, there probably isn't selected 'Heading 1'.
If not, and you do select it, it will solve your problem.

Regards,
Cor
--

Cor Nouws