On 5/2/07, Paul Palmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Sirs:
  When using triple hyphens to add a line under a paragraph the results are
unpredictable. Sometimes there is one line, sometimes three. Sometimes one or
two can be removed, sometimes not. The lines put in by the Word feature are not
retained correctly and there appears to be no such feature in OO 2.2. I can't
see how to put a box around a paragraph or a simple line under it or over it or
on the side of it. Word uses a set of boxes on the mast but that feature is
also unreliable at best. OO needs a feature that can add assorted lines.
Paul Palmer

Hello,

the best way to add lines or box a paragraph is to use the menu Format
Paragraph and then go to the Borders tab. A wide variety of lines
are provided.

If you feel particularly decadent or if you use the feature quite a
lot, it would be a good idea to create a paragraph style with the
preferred line attached. Make it hierarchically dependent on the
default paragraph style, so if later on you decide to change the font
size, colour or any other attribute, the changes will be applied to
the new style too.

Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with creating lines under a
paragraph using dashes, hyphens or other sequences of symbols (I just
knew it was possible) so I am not able to help you with that one.

Cheers,

Michele