Allan Murray wrote:
I have OO version 2.2. Newcomer. In Calc I wish to be able to add together the sums of money in two or more cells, and place the total sum in another cell. How do I do this? I used to be able to do this in Lotus 1-2-3, but I am unable to do it in OO Calc so far.

Allan.

To add together a block of cells, use the SUM function.

Let's say the numbers you want to add are in cells A1 through A10, and you want the total of these numbers to be shown in A12.

Go to A12, and type the following: =SUM(A1:A10) and press Enter. That's all there is to it.