To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 1:26 AM
Subject: Re: [users] Can't turn off Autocorrect or Autoformat

Hi,

Paul Palmer wrote:
Nevertheless, I cannot turn off the Autocorrect in OO 2.2. Two other users reported this but there were no answers offered. My technical document is almost unreadable because of all the corrections.

I tried Word 2000 and found it hardly better. It would be wonderful if OO had a simple checkbox (or three) to turn off all automatic correcting, spelling and formatting.

normally, when the AutoCorrect feature changes text, you see the Help Agent. If you click the Help Agent (not the closer icon), you see exactly the info you are asking for.
Having written this, here is a special tip:
Most of the AutoCorrect features are specific to the language that is set for the document respective for the text (Help tells you that language is a property of the document and of the characters). So you can try to select all the text, then assign [None] as a language on the Format - Character - Font tab page.

Uwe
--
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -  Technical Writer
  StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany