---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Guy Voets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 7 mei. 2007 12:12
Subject: Re: [users] I've installed X11 and open office for Mac OSX doesn't work
To: users@openoffice.org, Pascal LABOIS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

2007/5/6, Pascal LABOIS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Hello,

I've installed X11 and open office for Mac OSX doesn't work even
after an upgrade download of X11!

When i try to start openoffice for mac osx i have got an error
message that says : "openoffice.org for Mac OSX cannot be started,
because the X11 software is not installed!!"

However my X 11 is installed and upgraded after download. !

Can you help me please.

J'ai installé X 11 et Open office pour Mac OSX ne fonctionne pas même
après téléchargement de la mise à jour de X11!

Quand j'essaye de démarrer open office pour Mac OSX j'obtiens un
message d'erreur qui dit : " openoffice.org for Mac OSX ne peut
démarrer car X11 n'est pas installé"!!

Pourtant X 11 est installé et mis à jour après téléchargement.

Pouvez-vous m'aider? :

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Bonjour Pascal

I would say you have a problem with the version of X11. If you run X11
(normally, it sits in your Applications>Tools folder), what does the
'About X11' reply?

Please read the How-To install for OpenOffice.org on the Mac
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/Howto_OOo_2.0_MacOSX_english.pdf
available on the Mac porting pages (http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/)

You do not specify what version Mac OS X you're using, or if it's a
PPC or Intel Mac
There are different versions of OpenOffice.org for Intel Macs and PPC Macs
There are different versions for Tiger and for Panther of the
windowing program X11 that you will need to run OpenOffice.org on a
Mac
There is a X11 for Users (X11User.pkg) and one for developers
(X11SDK.pkg). You need the User version.
Please don't mess up versions of this and that, because it won't work!

Bonne chance
--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.2 RC 4 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger