Thank you, Dan. I got my files resolved.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Lewis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Cc: "Monica Yan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2007 9:49 AM
Subject: Re: [users] [moderated] YOU MUST GIVE A SUMMARY HERE

On Friday April  27 2007 9:45 am, Monica Yan wrote:
Hello Support Agent,

I purchased Openoffice 2.1 CD a month ago. Now I just found I can
download entire software for free, the version is 2.2. WOW, how
ironic it is!

I have a question: Can I open the Openoffice files on a computer
only with Microsoft Office, not Openoffice? If I created a file
using Openoffice, can I open this file on another computer with
Microsoft Office?

Please tell me how can other computers read my files without
downloading Openoffice software.

Thank you and Regards,
Monica Y.

It depends upon how much you paid for the CD. Remember that many people still use 56K modems which require 8 hours or so to download the program. For such people, an inexpensive CD is a good buy. I have broadband in which I download the file in under 25 minutes. So, I do not need to buy a CD. OpenOffice.org (OOo) can save files in the MS file formats. If you are sending a file by email, create the file. Then File > Send > Send as Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) [only one of these three choices will appear in the menu depending upon which part of OOo you are using] will attached the file in the correct MS format. Or you can save the file in MS format. When the Save window opens, the line below the file name is the File type dropdown list. Select the correct MS format. Also make sure that the Automatic file extension box is checked at the bottom of the window.

Dan