On 05/09/2007 10:14 PM, das wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 12:34 +1000, Russell Butler wrote:
>> Hi Gary
>>
>> Just FWIW I tried on OOo 2.2 (Openoffice.org version) on Gentoo and
>>  no problems pasting into either HTML or Text docuent
>>

> Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 with Ubuntu OOo
>
> Some problem is there in copy and paste. After the paste it took
> around 3 minutes to respond, and yet, I cannot browse the whole file.
> Around midway it is getting stuck. And that desktop with the OOo
> window is getting frozen. Though, from another desktop I am sending
> this mail. I simply selected the whole web page with 'selected all'
> and then copy and paste in OOo Writer window.
>
> Some 3 minutes more has gone. Now more of the file I can browse, but
> not all. Around one third down the way it has got stuck.
>
> Saved it as ODT. I closed it, opened again, and it got stuck once
> more. The recovery window of OOo did come up.
>
> And, has it something to do with JS? Because as I select all and
> copy, I saw that Firefox has automatically opened two other tabs,
> each with a question: do I want to download the ubuntu sticker?
>
> The ODT window is misbehaving. When I move the slider it is getting
> stuck, and coming back after quite a few seconds.

Thanks for that. Try just copy & pasting the section that I tried in my
original post.

Re: Java; I don't think that is it as I can reproduce with JRE off and
and with 4 different versions of JRE across 4 systems.

I suspect that it is an Ubuntu OS problem, or perhaps the way that I
installed 2.2 & StarOffice, as the Mandriva folks aren't experiencing
the same problem, so far I've managed to test on the following:

Linux OS                        OOo Version     CPU/Mem         Status
Unbuntu 7.04 2.6.20-15-386      OOo 2.2         450Mhz/256MB    Crash
Unbuntu 7.04 2.6.20-15-386      StarOffice8/6   450Mhz/256MB    Crash

Unbuntu 7.04 2.6.20-15-386      2.2.0-1ubuntu3  650Mhz/256MB    NoCrash
Unbuntu 7.04 2.6.20-15-386      StarOffice8/6   650Mhz/256MB    Crash

Unbuntu 6.061 2.6.15-28-386     OOo 2.2         2.2Gb/512MB     Crash

Unbuntu 7.04 2.6.15-386         2.2.0-1ubuntu3  300Mhz/256MB    NoCrash

Note: StarOffice8/6 means that SO8 has the latest version 6 update, so
it's fully up to date.

I guess it's off to the dreadful OOo bug report system for me...

Thanks to all that tested.

Gary