lwrnrthrnlghts wrote:
To Whom It May Concern,

Please allow me to state up front I've always used Microsoft Word and am
finding that Open Office offers many more choices.  I downloaded Open Office
about three hours ago and just want to make sure I get the basics down right.
I'm already liking what I see though so a new convert is in the making here.
That much said, I do have a few questions.

Is there a way to set Open Office to automatically add page numbers beginning
with page 2 and going on from there in a document? Instructions please.
Page style is the way to go. Please check out page styles in the documentation which can be seen by pressing F1 after openoffice is opened.

Also, can more decorative fonts be added to Open Office and if so how do I do
it?  Does Open Office offer other decorative fonts?

Last but not least, the default margins are set at 0.79" which I assume is
similar to the .8 on Microsoft Word.  Is this right?  When I change the margins why
does it always jump by two, ex: 0.81. 1.01 etc?  Was that just a choice made in
programming or is there another reason I should be aware of?

I thank you for your help and time and am looking forward to learning about all
the features in Open Office.

Thank you,

F. Wolff