On Thursday May  10 2007 10:16 pm, Nancy Powley wrote:
> When I installed open office I chose not to have it open with
> programs like Excel, but would like to change it so that it will
> but I cant figure out how to do it.  Do I have to reinstall it?
>
> Thanks
> Nancy

     No you do not have to reinstall. File associations are a part of
the operating system. These instructions will be for an Excel file
(.xls). Right click an .xls file. Select Open With. Browse to where
scalc.exe is located. (You might want to search for scalc.exe first.)
Select scalc.exe as the program to open .xls files. MAKE SURE you
check the box at the bottom of the window which states you want to
use this program to open this type file. Only then should you click
OK.

Dan