jpowermac g4 wrote:
> I was telling someone to get open office today and they told me
> something about $47 because they went to www.openoffice.com to get
> it... which has the first result showing http://www-openoffice.com/
>

> Why is this site selling the openoffice.org product as if they
> actually own it, and are taking payments for it before asking for
> address information, as if they are gonna ship it out.
>
> Better do something before they start scamming people out of money.

There are many who charge for CD copies of OpenOffice and it's entirely
legal and they provide a service for those who don't have broadband
internet access.  Some charge a nominal amount and others a lot more.
What really bugs me though, are those who charge only for a link for a
download of it, even though it's available for free from www.openoffice.org.