2007/5/15, Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I paid $5.99 for it as a download.
> On May 15, 2007, at 3:04 PM, Paul wrote:
>
> Trust you haven't 'purhcased'
>

> I would then suggest that you have a right to go back to the people that
you purchased it from and ask for your money back since you cannot get it
working (ie, faulty product).

Then you can simply download for free and this list will assist in getting
you up and running.

/paul

Hello David,

Once you've sorted out things with the guys that sold you a link to a faulty
product...
Please take a look at the mac porting pages of OpenOffice.org:
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/
You'll find a 'how to install' there:
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/Howto_OOo_2.0_MacOSX_english.pdf
You'll find the link for dwonload ther too:
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/download/x11.html

There are different versions of OpenOffice.org for PPC and Intel Macs
If you have Tiger (OS X 10.4.x) you cannot use the download from the Apple
site (=Panther version), but you need to install from your Mac OS X
10.4install disks.
[Once X11 for Tiger is installed, you can get an update to version 1.1.3 (if
you have 10.4.! at least):
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosx_updates/x11update2006113.html
]

HTH
--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.2 RC 4 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger