Whitakers In Menorca wrote:
Hello,

Please can you confirm something I am not quite sure about. You say OpenOffice
is compatible with Microsoft Office but I wonder do you have to have Microsoft
installed already or can OpenOffice work independently and if so I assume the
compatibility means that it will for example be able to open, edit and save a
.doc, .pub or .xls file.

To give you an idea of what I am looking for basically my PC went down and have
and operating System disk so starting again and saving what files I can but
have long lost my copy of Office 2003 Pro and licence key. I heard good stuff
about your product and it sounds great but I would like to be able to access my
old documents and then if necessary save them into your format going forward.

Please can you let me know if this would work for me or if I do need Microsoft
Office installed. If so I guess I will have to buy another copy but I will
still download OpenOffice as it certainly looks and sounds good.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards

Sarah
OpenOffice works fine without MS Office installed. You can save documents in the various MS Office formats and even make that the default choice if you wish.