2007/5/24, Richard McLean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

   I recently searched and then downloaded Open Office 2.2. When I was
searching for the newest version there was a site openoffice.com. They are
selling the open office 2007.
   Can you tell me if there is a difference between the two versions?
Thank You
Richard McLean
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello

The main difference probably is that they make you pay for the software,
while you can get it for free at www.openoffice.org (and maybe you get a
more reliable and more developed version at that).
Selling the software is legal according to the LGPL licence. Normally it
would be a few dollars or euros for copying and handling, or maybe for
adding some extra software or templates and such. Other sites and companies
count on the innocence of newcomers to extort a lot more $$...
With the link you provided, I got some aggressive attempt to scare me into
some security check...

--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.2 RC 4 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger