Yes, I also had this problem a while ago when I tried to run OpenOffice.org
2.0 on an old system with only 320 MB, 450 MHz (P2). The OS was Windows 98
(since XP was way too slow, even to run without any applications - almost 30
seconds for opening a folder, what about that...?). My solution was to go
back to OpenOffice.org 1.1.5 until I bought a new laptop last christmas. Now
I run OpenOffice.org 2.2 on that laptop without too much spped issues,
however some other things are still very slow, such as autofiltering a
couple of thousand rows with, say 20 columns with complex formulas.

Johnny Andersson