JANE BARNES wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble with Open Office.

> recently took some photos in RAW format with my Canon 300D Digital
> camera, downloaded them using my HP Photosmart printer card reader and
> found they had been stored on my computer with the file extension .thm
> which is a configuration file format for Open Office.
>
> 1. I don't understand why Open Office should be the default file format
> for RAW digital photos, and 2.
> I am now unable to convert these photos or edit them using Adobe
> Lightroom or Photoshop as neither recognises the file format .thm.
>
> I've tried to change the format using the properties option when I right
> click but it makes no difference.
>
> Can you help please?
>
> Regards
>
> Jane

Several programs use the .thm extension. According to filext.com we have:
1. OpenOffice.org 1.1.x Configuration File
2. Canon G3 Digital Camera Thumbnail
3. Microsoft Clipart Gallery Database
4. Olympus Digital Image Thumbnail
5. etc.
To answer your question "I don't understand why ..." It's just a
coincidence. Presumably your Canon camera came with some software to deal
with the .thm files.
Cheers,
Jonathan