From: Russell Butler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: May 28, 2007 10:27 PM
Subject: Re: OO won't open
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ian Vincent wrote:
Hi,

I'm running FC6 and I can't get OO to open.  It was working fine, but
stopped working after I changed out my video card.  X runs fine so I doubt
the card has anything to do with it.  I checked to see if any other OO
processes were running but none are.  Any suggestions?

Ian

Hi Ian

I am copying a reply to an ubuntu user recently which may help:

A useful tip I found on linux is to open a shell (terminal) as a normal
user, then you may find that just entering "soffice" (no quotes) will
try to start the OpenOffice.org program. If that fails, navigate to the
installation directory (I think on ubuntu it is in
/usr/local/openoffice../program/ then put in " ./soffice" - note the "."
before it. If there is a problem it will very likely give an error
message and this will help your troubleshooting.

Russell

Please reply _only_ to users@openoffice.org