mike scott-2 wrote:

> The title is the error message I'm receiving, in a message box with
> some not-useful clutter.
>
> I'm attempting an automated document conversion from OOo to word
> format, presently under XP for testing, while the final target wil be
> freebsd. To this end, I have a macro (cobbled together from bits found
> on the net) that will save the current document as a ms word document.
> This is stored in a library within the document, and I have the macro
> assigned to execute when the document is printed ("Bullzip PDF Printer"
> is how I make a pdf, also required) - it works fine interactively.
>
> However, when starting with the -pt flag (so running without the GUI),
> I get an error message popping up with that title gem. The print-to-PDF
> proceeds correctly after I dismiss the message box, but of course
> there's no .doc output file.
>
> Am I attempting something unreasonable here, or is there some arcane
> reason why this won't work?
>

> FWIW the macro is (from /somewhere/ on the 'net plus a mod or two!!)
>
> Sub StoreAsDOC
> Dim oDoc  As Variant
> oDoc  = ThisComponent
>
> oDoc.storeToURL( "file:///c|/temp/output1.doc", Array(
> MakePropertyValue( "FilterName", "MS Word 97" ) )
>
> End Sub
>
> Function MakePropertyValue( Optional cName As String, Optional uValue )
> As com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue
>    oPropertyValue = createUnoStruct( "com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue"
> )
>    If Not IsMissing( cName ) Then
>       oPropertyValue.Name = cName
>    EndIf
>    If Not IsMissing( uValue ) Then
>       oPropertyValue.Value = uValue
>    EndIf
>    MakePropertyValue() = oPropertyValue
>
> End Function
> --
> various incoming sites blocked because of spam; see
> http://www.scottsonline.org.uk for a list and openpgp crypto key
> (key fingerprint 2ACC 9F21 5103 F68C 7C32 9EA8 C949 81E1 31C9 1364)
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]    Mike Scott, Harlow, Essex, England

The error means that the script is not being found.  Have you changed the
location or the sub name since making the assignment?  In any case, I would
remove the assignment and assign it again.  Wait :

(Light flickers dimly.)  Where is the macro located?  If it is in a library
other than 'Standard' (or a library of the document from which you are
running it - unlikely), that library is not loaded.  Put it in the
'Standard' library.  Otherwise, you need a macro in the 'Standard' library
which loads the library containing the macro AND executes a script in that
library.

The Standard library loads when OOo is launched.  It is possible you will
have to re-launch after moving the script to 'Standard' but, IIRC, it is
unnecessary.