>> On Friday June  01 2007 3:21 am, Christian Foerg wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I've got a very annoying configuration problem.
>> My default language is German (Germany) so I'd like to have German
>> default settings. Except one: The decimal seperator.
>>  Is it possible to change the default decimal seperator without
>> changing the default language? At the moment I see onely the option
>> to set the "decimal seperator key", with is not very helpfull. I've
>> already got a changed keyboard layout.
>>  Thanks
>>  Christian
>>  Some informations:
>> OpenOffice 2.2.0 - English (GUI)
>> with german language
>> on Windows XP 32bit
>> and self made keyboard layout (German with dot on numblock)

> On Friday June  01 2007 05:41 am, Dan Lewis wrote:
>     Tools > Options > Language Settings > Languages. Uncheckthe "Decimal
> separator key". According to help, OOo should then usewhatever your keyboard
> software uses. If your keyboard software saysit is a "." , you should be
> alright.Dan

That's not completely right.
The keyboard layout says "." and Calc writes a ".".
But won't interprete it like a decimal seperator.
So it converts the decimal numbers into DATES.
This behavior changes with the "Locale Settings". But I don't like to have US
settings like the annoying date formate.

Another idea:
Is it possible to write your own "Locale Settings" to specifie such things?

Thanks

Christian