James Knott wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
hy
I bought your open office program 2 through the internet for $11.00. I am unable to retrieve the 2007 microstoft home student files I had previously saved. The microsoft Student home 2007 program ran out of trial time and froze up, I was not about to pay $145.00 for the program as I didn't find it user friendly like MS 2000. Anyway am I doing something wrong as whenever I attempt to retrieve the 2007 files I am advised" files corrupt" and then asked if I would like Open Office to repair the file, which I agree too, however a blank ;page comes up.

I thought the advertising for this product said it would convert the 2007 files, it certainly converted my 2000 office files OK.

If you paid for OpenOffice, you didn't get it from openoffice.org, where
it's a free download.  As to your files, MS Office 2007 defaults to
saving in their proprietary OOXML format, which nothing else can work
with.  Since your copy expired, you'll have to get someone else, with a
a paid version of Office 2007 to convert those file to .doc format. While you're at it, be sure to thank MS for locking your files into
their proprietary formats, instead of allowing use of the ISO standard
formats.

Copy to OP

Googling, it appears to be possible to install the MSOffice 2003 viewer and a "compatibility pack" for the 2007 format. This may allow you to at least read your 2007 documents.

http://vidmar.net/weblog/archive/2007/04/27/Useful-Microsoft-Office-2007-downloads.aspx

Russell

Please reply _only_ to users@openoffice.org