Possibly the software saved the document aiutomatically, even though you didn't realize it, and then froze or didn't respond. If that happened, the software may have saved it somewhere where you don't know about. Hopefully you had a file name for the document. If so, try to a computer search for the file. Before continuing, make a test file with a unique name, save it or "save-as" to see where the file goes before clicking OK. If needed, move it to a more convenient location and be sure it works. Whenever you are writing a document, you should save it every 5 or 10
minutes and after any significant change.

If you did not have a known file name, try searching for "Untitled 1" or whatever your version uses as the default file name (perhaps delete the number). Determine the default name by just opening a new file and looking at the name at the top.

I hope someone else has further information to help you.

Lloyd