Pueblo Native schreef:
This has been inspired by a couple of posts I saw on here, if nobody
knows of one, I'll start working on it, but I'd hate to duplicate
somebody else's work.  I've been thinking of an extension that would
automatically force the saving of a document upon creation no matter how
much information has been saved to it.  I saw one post on here where
somebody worked for three hours before losing everything.  Maybe this
wouldn't help, but what if you had an extension or a setting where every
time you opened OpenOffice, the document would save ("MyDoc".odt for
word processing, and so forth) without you typing a name.  Maybe this is
just out there, if this can be accomplished in the settings I'd love to
know how.

I think there are far better issues that need solving before anyone starts on this one. It should be considered common knowledge that one needs to save their work regularly. The more important the work the more often it should be saved. Although many people need to learn the hard way, to understand that computers sometimes can crash for no particular reason.

Further the autorecovery function of OpenOffice is the best I've seen so far. I have never lost much work after a crash. But again you must save it prior to the crash. This also has an advantage, because then the document is right in the folder that you want it in eventually. Whereas for an automatically saved copy has to be in some temporary directory.

Arnold Huzen