Paul Shallard wrote:
> RE: Numbering problem in Write.
>
> I am using Open Office 2.2.0
>
> When I use numbered paragraphs and try to print the resulting .odt file
> on my *Okipage 14e* printer, the first letter of each entry is moved
> hard up against the numeral and a gap occurs between it and the rest of
> the word. Some times the gap occurs between the second and third letter,
> or the third and fourth, as shown below.

That's bizarre, Paul.  Have you tried exporting to PDF?  I think this
would help you determine if OpenOffice.org is simply having trouble
communicating with your printer.  If the PDF has the same incorrect
formatting, I'm not sure what the problem is, but it would seem to be
OpenOffice.org's fault.  However, if the PDF turns out looking as it
should, then I'd double-check that you have the latest driver for your
printer.

Also, if you get a correct PDF, then a better temporary work-around than
pasting into Word would be to print the PDF from your PDF viewer.

Hopefully someone else has a more constructive solution.

Cheers,

Trevor