Hello Pat,

Pat Williams wrote:

I've created some forms using MS Word. The user can write only in the text
fields I've included in the forms, but can't alter the other parts of the
document because I've locked them. Is there a way that I can unlock these
documents in OOo in order to edit them?

Opening these forms in OOo simply removes the protection.
(If not - what would surprise me -using the button Edit document - third from left on toolbar - will help.)

- When you start a new document from a template, each field opens a box where you can type the text;
- Ctrl-Enter fills it to the document;
- the next box opens automatically etc.
- Cancel stops opening the boxes.
- And Ctrl-Shft-F9 will start the pop-up sequence again.
- Clicking on a field, opens the box for that field.

Little advantage: you won't loose your data by accident, which happens if you unprotect and protect again the doc in Word.

Kindest Regards,
Cor

--

Cor Nouws