Jonathan Kaye escribió:
Hi all,
Can someone confirm my belief that quickstarter is *not* available in the
linux version of OO.

There are at least 3 different quickstarters for OOo available for linux, 2 for KDE and one for Gnome. At least, on the Ubuntu repositories.

If my belief is wrong, then can someone explain why
it's greyed out in the Memory section of the Options menu.

They are not integrated in the main suite, but are add-ons. This is probably because tray apps are usually quite linked to the Desktop Enviroment.

Javier.