Hello Mr/Mrs,

Sorry in advance...

First of all, I should state, I have never used "Excel" nor "Calc", because it lacks of mathematical usability (not functionality...). Of course, all I demand can be done with both, anyway, I would prefer a NON-M$ solution.

I will explain myself based on this example:

If I want to operate column A plus column B and get the result at column C why should I click on cell C1 and operate cell A1 plus cell B1, and then extend the selection until row 1230292 (for example).
Do not you think is better to write "C = A + B".

Lets suppose column A and column B are different sized columns. Then, column C only should be calculated at the common range of elements between A and B.

Lets suppose I want to operate column A form row 100 to row 200 with column B from row 10 to row 110. Is it possible to write C[500:600] = A[100:200] + B[10:110], and not to have to use the mouse with "super-scroll-you-are-always-lost".

I think this example is quite basic, we are talking about a data manipulation software.

In conclusion, what I think is that Openoffice.org Calc, is an exact copy of a functional but non usable software. I accept, the only way to compete with M$ is to copy then at a lower price, but some times improving a product is not a matter of money, just is a matter of listening people...

Thanks in advance...

This mail is aims to be critic with M$Excel for being designed for "silly" people. I am not saying people is silly, what I want to say is M$ designs products thinking people is silly. Please, do not fall in the same hole. People who do not know how to do things will learn. Do not force people who knows howto, to learn non intuitive procedures....!!!!! (I mean, non a intuitive procedure is to sum A1 + B1 and extend the selection).

Best regards.

{[{{[CRITIC_IN_POSITIVE]}}]}