On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 13:16:19 -0700
russbucket <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sunday June 24 2007 10:08, semaj3000 wrote:

> > Is there an option for non-linux pc's such as windows xp?

> Not that I'm aware of.

I believe there is a commercial solution.  It's called Microsoft Office 2007.

There is a reason for this -- Microsoft and Novell have some kind of a
"partnership" where Novell is working on a method to inter-operate with
Microsoft OpenXML files.  However, since Microsoft sells their Office product
and since they have always used file compatibility as a lever to force people
to upgrade to their latest version, they have exactly zero incentive to make
any tool for Windows-anything that can read Microsoft OpenXML files.

This is exactly the same reason for their foot-dragging and/or refusal to
support ODF files (which OpenOffice, KOffice and several other programs support
as their native and default format.)