Mark Knecht wrote:

> Hi Terry,
> <snip>
>
> 1) I have an OO spreadsheet on one machine. It's called ibd100.ods.
> When I use this spreadsheet on this specific machine the macros work.
>
> 2) When I look at Tools->Macros->Organize Macros->OpenOffice.org Basic
> I see the macro existing under "My Macros->Standard->Module 1" named
> cptoa1.
>
> 3) When I transfer this spreadsheet to another machine the macros don't
> work.
>
> 4) On the new machine hen I look at "My Macros->Standard->Module 1"
> the cptoa1 macro doesn't exist explaining why it doesn't work.
>
> OK - how to get the macro out of the first machine and over to the
> second machine?
>
> Earlier Anthony suggested (I think) to export the macro. However when
> I use the 'Organizer' button I cannot find an export function to
> export the macro to a file. The help file doesn't talk about exporting
> macros as far as I can tell so far.
>
> Maybe the mistake is having the macro in the My Macros group? Should
> it be in the spreadsheet name group?
>
> Anyway, I still cannot get the macros over to the second machine so
> I'm really in need of some help.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
> On 6/21/07, TerryJ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Are you using the .ods format?  Macros would not, I think, be converted
>> the .xls format.
>>

>> Mark Knecht wrote:
>> >
>> <snip>

First, to save a macro in a document (so that it is part of the document,
not in a "My Macros" library), open the editor (more in a moment).  The
tool-bar should include a box containing a list of libraries.  Your document
will be at the bottom of the list.  The first time you open it, there will
be a blank window saying "<No Module>".

Near the bottom of the window is a horizontal scroll bar.  Right-click the
panel to the left of that.  Select Insert >BASIC module.  Paste or write
your macro code in the module.

To get the Editor, Tools >Macros >Organise Macros >OpenOffice.org Basic.  On
the "Organise" dialogue, press the "Edit" button.  There is a shortcut.
Tools >Customise : Choose your tab : Function "Application" : Category "Edit
Macros".

Secondly, you can export any module to a text file using the icon towards
the right end of the lower tool-bar in the Editor.  The tool tip is "Save
Basic".  The file will have the extension .bas.  You can import any such
file into your module using the icon to the left, tool tip "Insert BASIC
source".

Finally, you can import macros using the Organiser.  On the Organise
dialogue mentioned earlier, press the button labelled "Organiser".  There is
an icon on or available for the Editor tool-bar with the tool tip "Select
Macro" which calls the dialogue and it can also be called from the Editor
menu Tools >Macros >Organise etc.

On the third tab ("Libraries"), select the location to which you wish to
import the macros.  It lists the shared libraries, My Macros and open
documents.  The "append" button is only enabled for the last two.  That
button gets you a file browser-selector.  Once you've chosen the source of
your macros, you get another dialogue.  Mind how you go.