On Sunday 01 July 2007, + Caitlin Neese wrote:
> I have a Windows XP that has 12.6 GBs of memory used out of it's full
> 33.7GBs. It was brand-new when I got it, but that was in November of 2005.
> It has never had any problems, and this soffice.bin gets me angry when I
> write my stories and whatnot and it freezes, not even saving my work.
>
>   And is the 'Recovery' thing it does when the window is closed by accident
> supposed to give me the thing I did UNSAVED? That's annoying. I click
> 'recover document' and it brings back the old saved version, not my recent
> words added and stuff.

Hi Caitlin,
 I would not blame you getting upset. 
Do you use many other programs on your computer ?
Do any of them show problems ?
I'm trying to guess, but it may be that some of the RAM (not the disk space 
you mention above), or the display diver may be working incorrectly. I think 
that it may be problems with these that causes OpenOffice.org to crash.

To verify that your RAM works correctly you can get a program called Memtest86
http://www.google.com/search?q=memtest86

You may also want to make sure that you have the most recent updates installed 
for your video driver and all the updates for XP.

Please reply to [email protected] only


-- 
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

Maybe your question has been answered already?
                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to