Sam Warren wrote:
How do I send in a request to the membership for the answer to a problem I have?
I am writing a book in OOo writer. Each chapter is a separate file listed in the Master Document. How do I get the page numbers to run consecutively in each chapter?

Sam Warren
Bookwarren Publishing Services
Post Office Box 620685, San Diego, CA 92162
(619) 674-3066
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  www.bookwarren.com

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
Just realised; you already did.

Make each chapter a separate "Section". Sections [can] have their own page numbering. Also, read up on Master Documents. It is common practice to make each chapter of a book a documnet within a Master Document. Both are discussed in the Help and at http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors/index.html

Exploring from the root of the above URL - http://documentation.openoffice.org will usually repay the time spent.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England