On 07/07/2007 08:06 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 07/06/2007 06:48 AM, Alister Lownie wrote:
>> Thanks for the advice so far:
>>
>> 1) changing the OOo Temp directory doesn't help
>> 2) the problem only seems to happen with saved files -- a new file that
>> hasn't been saved doesn't seem to suffer from it (although perhaps I
>> just haven't encountered that yet).
>> 3) I now have the problem on another computer: this one is running OOo
>> 2.2.0 on XPSP2. That seems to rule out a memory error on my computer only.
>>
>> The only thing that I can think of that would link the behaviour on both
>> PCs is that they have the CA Security Suite running on them. Might
>> there be a conflict with that? (Although they've had that running with
>> OOo for a long time and no problems.)
>
> Alister, I'm testing on a fully updated XPProSP2 system (OOo 2.2.0) and
> so far no problems. At the same time I am also downloading 2.2.1 (both
> with JRE and without), can you please tell me if the installed versions
> that you are having problems with were the with JRE or non-JRE versions?
>
> The system is also running CA antivirus 2005.5.5.1, antispy 2005.5.2.1
> (also fully updated today). The CA software is that provided with
> AT&T/Yahoo, so it is a bit more dated than SW from CA directly. It is
> also running ZoneAlarm 6.5.737.
>
> Gary

Update: Left a document open all night on the above XP 2.2.0 and had no
problem saving this morning. Installed 2.2.1 (non-JRE version as I
already have Java installed) this morning, tested the same document,
saved it every other hour & still cannot reproduce your problem. I'll
leave it open for another few hours then save & close as I have to get
the machine back to linux before my son gets home this evening :-).